Last weekend was really a blast, thanks to the BarCamp KL event held on April 4th and 5th. This is my second time participating in BarCamp and it just got even better than I thought. I met with few familiar faces like:
- Nazrul (@nazroll)
- Andy Goh (@hantu)
- Ikhwan Nazri (@tekong)
- Zi Bin from Opera (@zibin)
- Colin (@bytebot)
- Khai Lee (@khailee)
- Mike Foong (@mikefoong)
- and more...
Plus few new faces like:
- Marvin Lee who is Nazrul's Hackathon buddy (@marvinlee)
- Philip Chee who is the guy behind all the cool Firefox extensions
- Gen Kanai from Mozilla (@gen)
- Ben Scherry (@jfxberns)
- and few more guys from somewhere in Malaysia, Singapore and Cambodia.
There were few sessions that I attended and really like, such as:
- Browser War 2: Standards strikes back
- Ikhwan Nazri: Your Office is everywhere - Mobile Office, which explains a little on how to be motivated by so-called distractions in Starbucks.
- Hackintosh BarcampKL
- a presentation about jamiQ: Social Media Intelligence on Emotional Web.
- Kufi Squares Barcamp Kl
- How To Date A Japanese Girl and Episode 2
- Twit Bots made in Japan
- and one more presentation by some guy about his adventure climbing up the Kilimanjaro. Totally rocks.
Okay now, this post feels like a link dump, but mind you, here are more links!:
- BarCamp KL Day 1 and Day 2
- The BarCamp KL 2009 Weekend
- Behind the scenes: Advertising and PR, Bloggers and Integrity: Making Money, While Being Honest
- BarCamp KL 2009: Day 1 and Day 2
- BarcampKL Day 1 and 2
- How To Date A Japanese Girl episode 2 - My session at #BarcampKL
- #barcampkl was like…, Hacking the board and #barcampkl doodle-de-dooo
Also, I've created the BarCampKL Hub on GitHub which serves quite well during the event, though the Internet connection wasn't really good. So, anyone please feel free to fork it for your city's BarCamp, BeerCamp or whatever, for example, BarCamp Hanoi Live.
What a blast.